Doctor Who: The Aztecs Special Edition (2 Discs)
Running Time: 99 Mins
Retail Price: £20.42
Release Date: 11/03/2013
Content Type: TV Series
The TARDIS arrives in fifteenth century Mexico inside the tomb of one-time Aztec High Priest Yetaxa. The travellers become cut off from the ship when they explore the temple outside and the tomb door closes behind them. Barbara is proclaimed by the High Priest of Knowledge, Autloc, as Yetaxa's divine reincarnation. However, she incurs the enmity of the High Priest of Sacrifice, Tlotoxl, when - against the Doctor's advice - she attempts to use her new-found authority to put an end to the Aztec practice of human sacrifice. Events reach a climax on the Day of Darkness - the time of a solar eclipse. Ian's unwilling conflict with the Aztecs' 'chosen warrior', Ixta, ends in a fight in which the latter falls to his death from the temple roof. The Doctor manages to reopen the tomb door using a wheel-and-pulley that he has carved (the Aztecs not having mastered the use of the wheel) and the travellers make good their escape.
The TARDIS arrives in fifteenth century Mexico inside the tomb of one-time Aztec High Priest Yetaxa.
doctor who, doctor who dvd, doctor who the aztecs, doctor who the aztecs dvd, doctor who science fiction, science fiction dvd, classic doctor who, doctor who remastered, the aztecs dvd, the aztecs special edition, doctor who special edition, doctor who william hartnell, willam hartnell dvd, dr who, dr who dvd, dr who the aztecs dvd, sci fi, sci fi dvd,
· Commentary with William Russell (Ian Chesterton) and Carole Ann Ford (Susan Foreman), and producer Verity Lambert.
· Remembering The Aztecs Actors John Ringham, Ian Cullen and Walter Randall recall the production of the story.
· Designing the Aztecs Designer Barry Newbery talks about his work.
· Cortez and Montezuma An extract from a 1970 Blue Peter.
· Restoring The Aztecs A short feature demonstrating this release’s restoration.
· Making Cocoa An animated guide to making cocoa the Aztec way.
· TARDIS-Cam no. 3 The third of BBCi’s TARDIS-Cam shorts.
· Optional Arabic soundtrack For episode four only.
· Intro Sequences Specially recorded introductions to each episode
· Galaxy 4 A reconstruction of the missing story Galaxy 4, using off-screen stills, audio recordings and animation plus the recently recovered complete episode three.
· Chronicle – The Realms of Gold John Julius Norwich’s 1969 retelling of the story of the Spanish conquest of Mexico and the Aztecs.
· Dr Forever! – Celestial Toyroom The first of a new five-part series looks at Doctor Who toys.
· It’s a Square World The very first Doctor Who skit.
· A Whole Scene Going An interview with director Gordon Flemyng and a behind-the-scenes look at filming of his film Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 AD.
· Radio Times Listings (DVD-ROM)
· Easter Egg
· Production Information Subtitles
· Photo Gallery
· Coming Soon Trailer
· Digitally Remastered Picture and Sound Quality