Ghostbusters to burst onto Blu-Ray in June
Debuts on Blu-rayTM Disc on 15 June, 2009
Available for the First Time in High-Definition in Celebration of the 25th Anniversary
Arrives Packaged with 32 Page Scrapbook, Including Exclusive High-Def Features "Slimer Mode" and "Ecto-1 Refurbishment" Featurette
Everyone's favourite paranormal psychologists are back to save the world, this time with unsurpassed picture and audio quality and advanced new bonus features in the Ghostbusters Blu-ray Disc. Releasing on 15 June, 2009, in celebration of the film's 25th anniversary, Ivan Reitman's sci-fi blockbuster comedy stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts, and Rick Moranis. The high-def set oozes with special features and interactivity, including collectible 32 page scrapbook, Slimer Mode, a picture-in-picture graphical viewing experience, a featurette on the refurbishing of Ecto-1, and more.
"This great franchise is one of the crown jewels in the studio's library," said Lexine Wong, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Executive Vice President, Worldwide Marketing. "With Ghostbusters 25th anniversary upon us and the forthcoming release of an eagerly anticipated new video game, this is the perfect opportunity to release this exciting new edition on Blu-ray Disc."
Directed and produced by Ivan Reitman (Meatballs, Stripes), with the screenplay written by Dan Aykroyd (My Girl, The Great Outdoors) and Harold Ramis (Knocked Up), Ghostbusters stars Bill Murray (Meatballs, Stripes), Dan Aykroyd (My Girl, The Great Outdoors), Sigourney Weaver (Aliens, Copycat), Harold Ramis (Knocked Up), Annie Potts (TV's "Designing Women"), and Rick Moranis (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs).
University parapsychologists Dr. Peter Venkman (Murray), Dr. Raymond Stanz (Aykroyd) and Dr. Egon Spengler (Ramis) lose a research grant when their experiment methodology is proven to be bogus. The team decides to go into business for themselves and open 'Ghostbusters,' a ghost removal service. After struggling to get on their feet, they are summoned to investigate the strange happenings in Dana Barrett's (Weaver) Central Park West apartment. What they discover is that all Manhattan is being besieged by ghosts and other worldly demons through a portal in her building.
Ghostbusters Blu-ray Disc Special Features:
All-New Exclusive Special Features
- Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
- Slimer Mode: Picture-in-Picture Graphical Viewing Experience with an examination of the spook-hunters' firehouse headquarters, an in-depth exploration of the creatures in the Ghostbusters mythology, behind-the-scenes discussions of making the movie, new cast, crew and special effects artists interviews and much more!
- Featurette: Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery
- Collectible 32 Page Scrapbook
Additional Special Features
- Filmmakers' Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis and Joe Medjuck
- Featurette: 1984 - The Making of Ghostbusters - Interviews with the cast and crew
- Featurette: Interviews with Cast and Crew
- Featurette: SFX Team - Includes Before and After Multi-Angle Explorations
- Scene Cemetery - 10 Deleted Scenes
- Audio: English, Spanish (Castilian), French (Parisian), Portuguese (Brazil)
- Subtitles: English, Spanish (Latin Am), French (Parisian), Portuguese (Brazil), Dutch, Arabic
- Storyboard Comparisons
- Closed Captioned
Ghostbusters has a run time of approximately 105 minutes and is rated PG for adult language and mild violence.
TITLE Ghostbusters Release Date 15 June, 2009 Format Retail Blu-rayTM Disc RRP £19.99
Certificate PG Genre Comedy Running Time 105 mins approx