The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut out on Blu-ray
Available to buy and rent on Blu-ray disc
4th May 2009
Extended Cut Includes 28 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Footage and an Exclusive First Look at "Angels & Demons" - Five Minutes of the Upcoming Theatrical Release Introduced by Ron Howard
Two-Disc Set Boasts Eight Interactive Picture-in-Picture Streams and Advanced BD-Live Features including cinechat
The mystery unfolds in a whole new way 4th May, 2009 when The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut is released on Blu-ray Disc from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The two-disc extended cut will be available for the first time ever, exclusively on Blu-ray High-Def. The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut includes 28 minutes of never-before-seen footage and all-new special features including the interactive picture-in-picture (I-PiP) feature "Unlocking the Code" which allows viewers to toggle between eight simultaneous I-PiP streams, new commentary on select scenes with director Ron Howard, and advanced BD-Live features including cinechat in-movie chat. The set also includes an exclusive high-def first look at Angels & Demons (in cinemas May 15th ), - a complete five minute scene from the upcoming film introduced by Oscar®-winning director Ron Howard (Best Director, A Beautiful Mind, 2002) and available only on The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc.
Additional special features on the Blu-ray Disc include 17 featurettes: First Day on the Set with Ron Howard, The Filmmakers' Journey two-part featurette, A Discussion With Dan Brown, A Portrait of Langdon, The Codes of The Da Vinci Code, Who is Sophie Neveu?, The Music of The Da Vinci Code, Unusual Suspects, Book To Screen, Magical Places, The Da Vinci Props, Close-up on Mona Lisa, The Da Vinci Sets, Re-creating Works of Art, Scoring The Da Vinci Code, and The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code.
The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut, based on Dan Brown's acclaimed best-seller, is from Oscar®-winning creative team of director Ron Howard, producers Brian Grazer and John Calley; and screenwriter Akiva Goldsman. Howard directs a stellar international cast, including two-time Oscar® winner Tom Hanks (Best Actor, Philadelphia, 1994; Best Actor, Forrest Gump, 1995); Audrey Tautou (Amelie, Dirty Pretty Things); Sir Ian McKellen (The Lord of the Rings trilogy); Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2, Frida); Paul Bettany (A Beautiful Mind) and Jean Reno (The Professional).
In The Da Vinci Code, noted symbologist Professor Robert Langdon (Hanks) and police cryptologist Sophie Neveu (Tautou) go on a heart-racing quest to unearth the biggest cover-up in human history. Langdon is called to the Louvre Museum late one night where a curator has been murdered, leaving behind a mysterious trail of symbols and clues. With his own survival at stake, Langdon unveils a series of stunning secrets hidden in the artwork of Leonardo Da Vinci, all leading to a covert society dedicated to guarding an ancient secret that has remained hidden for 2000 years. The pair set off on a frantic quest through Paris, London and Scotland, collecting clues as they desperately attempt to crack the code and reveal secrets that will shake the very foundations of mankind.
The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc Special Features:
- BD-Live Features:
- cinechat- In-movie chat feature allows you to create "virtual" viewing parties and chat with your friends through your internet-connected Blu-ray player.
- More to be announced
- Exclusive First Look at Angels & Demons, introduced by Ron Howard, featuring five minutes of footage from the film that can only be seen on The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc.
- Unlocking the Code: This interactive picture-in-picture (I-PIP) feature will let you discover even more about The Da Vinci Code as you are enjoying the film.Once inside Unlocking the Code, keep an eye on the symbols that appear across the top of the screen.Each gives you direct access to trivia and behind the scenes footage that you can unlock with a click of your remote. When a symbol illuminates, just select it and hit enter to play. The footage, facts or images you've selected will appear on screen as you continue to watch the film. I-PiP streams include:
- Interviews: Hear from filmmakers and the cast.
- B-roll: Observe the action behind the scenes.
- Prop Talk: Learn how props were made.
- Storyboards: See the shots before the cameras rolled.
- Photos: Behind the scenes snapshots.
- Location Trivia: Fun facts about the different locations in the film.
- Langdon's Journey: Keep track of Langdon's every move.
- Symbols & Codes: discover hidden symbols put in place by filmmakers, including the enlightening Alchemic Journeys of our two heroes.
- New Commentary on Selected Scenes with Ron Howard
- First Day on the Set with Ron Howard
- The Filmmakers' Journey Part 1
- The Filmmakers' Journey Part 2
- A Discussion With Dan Brown
- A Portrait of Langdon
- The Codes of The Da Vinci Code
- Who is Sophie Neveu?
- The Music of The Da Vinci Code
- Unusual Suspects
- Book To Screen
- Magical Places
- The Da Vinci Props
- Close-up on Mona Lisa
- The Da Vinci Sets
- Re-creating Works of Art
- Scoring The Da Vinci Code
- The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code