Big Trouble in Little China
Adventure doesn't come any bigger!
Running Time: 100 mins
Retail Price: £19.99
Release Date: 16/12/2013
Content Type: Movie
Following Escape from New York and The Thing, John Carpenter and Kurt Russell re-unite for this mystical, action, adventure, comedy, kung-fu, monster, ghost story!
Russell plays Jack Burton, a reasonable guy who is about to experience some unreasonable things in San Francisco’s Chinatown. As his friend’s fiancée is kidnapped Jack becomes embroiled in a centuries-old battle between good and evil. At the root of it all is Lo Pan, a 2000-year-old magician who rules an empire of evil spirits. Jack goes to the rescue dodging demons, goblins and the unstoppable Three Storms as he battles through Lo Pan’s dark domain.
One of Carpenters most enjoyable and best loved films, Big Trouble in Little China brilliantly juggles delirious set-pieces, comedy and kung-fu action with a razor sharp script of corking one-liners, as Jack would say “It’s all in the reflexes”.
The super-deluxe package, which is available both as a standard Blu-ray and as a limited edition Blu-ray SteelBook, is full of special features and bonus material.
· Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and star Kurt Russell
· Return to Little China – A brand new interview with John Carpenter
· Being Jack Burton – A brand new interview with Kurt Russell
· Carpenter and I – A brand new interview with cinematographer Dean Cundey
· Producing Big Trouble – A new interview with producer Larry Franco
· Staging Little Trouble – A new interview with stuntman Jeff Imada
· Interview with visual effects producer Richard Edlund
· Vintage Making-of featurette featuring cast and crew
· Extended Ending
· Deleted Scenes
· Music Video
· Gallery of behind-the-scenes images
· 3 original trailers
· TV Spots
· Booklet featuring new writing on the film by John Kenneth Muir, author of The Films of John Carpenter, as well as a re-print of an interview with production designer John Lloyd and make-up effects artist Steve Johnson on the design and effects of the film, illustrated with archive stills and posters
· The standard release is available with a reversible Sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jay Shaw and the Limited Edition SteelBook is presented with the original iconic Drew Struzan artwork
2.35:1 widescreen 1080p
DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround English
PCM 2.0 Stereo English
David Z. Weinstein
Director of Photography:
Edward A. Warschilka
John J. Lloyd
Larry J. Franco