John Carpenter's cult sci-fi stoner classic Dark Star coming to Blu-ray in September
Cult Sci-Fi Stoner Classic
Bombed out in space with a spaced out bomb!!!!!!!
Available to own for the very first on Blu-ray from 19th September 2011
Dark Star on Blu-ray will make its premiere screening at the
Big Screen Event sponsored by Empire Magazine this
Saturday 13th August at London 02 Arena
"A genuine classic"
This all new Blu-ray edition has been sourced from an original 16 x 9 35mm theatrical print. The film was originally shot on 16mm, and then blown up to 35mm for theatrical distribution. The new master has been subject to a new grade and extensive manual frame by frame digital restoration with enhance and restored to Dolby Digital 5.1
John Carpenter's pulp science fiction classic- this brilliantly clever and funny parody of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, follows a warped intergalactic mission to blow up unstable planets. Four bored astronauts fill in time between missions catching up on their tans with the help of a sunlamp, playing with suspiciously plastic-looking alien mascot they are taking back to Earth and conversing with their female version of Hal. Things start to go horribly wrong as the spaceship computer misfires and a surfer - makes it back to Earth Surfing on an improvised board. Dark Star was intended to be a 68 minute student film. Hollywood Producer Jack Harris managed to convince the film-makers to shoot 15 minutes of extra footage and released the expanded version theatrically.
This Blu-ray edition contains the original theatrical version (83mins) and the Directors cut (68mins) release and is packed full of brand new extra features!
- An all new feature length documentary entitled Let There Be Light (116mins): The Odyssey of Dark Star. Exploring the controversial making of the John Carpenter and writer Dan O'Bannon (Alien) student film.
- Archival interviews with John Carpenter and many more
- Plus the final interview with Dan O'Bannon
- Interview with Brian Narelle, cinematographer Doug Knapp, art director Tommy Lee Wallace, visual effects artist Greg Jein, voice artist Cookie Knapp, film director Jack Harris, Dianne O'Bannon, USC Alumni / director Jeff Burr
- Original Directors Cut of the Feature & Theatrical Cut of the Feature
- Original Film Trailer
- Stills Gallery - Poster Gallery - Lobby Gallery
- New CGI Menus
- Cast & Crew Biographies
- English & Spanish Subtitles
- RRP Price: £19.99
- Discs: 1
- Barcode: 5030697020192
- Catalogue No: FHEB2874
- Certificate: PG
- Running time 270mins
Dark Star is distributed by Fabulous Films and is available from all good DVD stockists from 19th September 2011.