Journey to the Center of the Earth
Running Time: 129 minutes
Release Date: 18/09/2017
Content Type: Movie
Jules Verne’s classic novel, Journey to the Center of the Earth, is brought to the screen in this thrilling adventure about a band of intrepid explorers descending to the hidden reaches of our world.
Professor Lindenbrook (James Mason; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, North by Northwest) discovers a long hidden message that reveals the existence of a passage into the centre of the Earth. Leading a team of unlikely adventurers (including Pat Boone, Arlene Dahl and… a duck), the groups daring expedition will see them come up against exploding volcanoes, rockslides and even flesh-eating reptiles!
Scored by the legendary Bernard Hermann and filmed in stunning Cinemascope, Journey to the Center of the Earth is a much beloved classic, and a landmark in both Science-Fiction and Adventure filmmaking. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, from a stunning 4K restoration.
• 1080p presentation from a definitive 4K restoration
• Optional stereo PCM soundtrack and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options
• Isolated music and effects track
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio Commentary with Actress Diane Baker and Film Historians Steven C. Smith & Nick Redman
• New video interview with critic and author Kim Newman
• Featurette on the film’s restoration
• Original theatrical trailer
• PLUS: A booklet featuring an original review of the film from 1959; a poster gallery; and a selection of rare archival imagery
2.35:1 Cinemascope colour
Jules Verne (Original story)
Director of Photography:
Jack W. Holmes
Herman A. Blumenthal
Lyle R. Wheeler