[VIDEO] I am mother
last post by Sue Brown

Page 7 of [VIDEO] Game of Thrones Season 8

Television Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Game of Thrones Season 8

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 14th May 2019, 14:54

Quote:
Gareth Williams says...
"Oh and then you've got the noble Northern lords who just start raping because the Queen (who they don't even like) goes mad."

I'm assuming you haven't done much history into ye olde warfare?

That's standard fare for large uncontrolled and undisciplined armies in battle, hell even the Russian army was at it during the sacking of Berlin...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Gareth Williams (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 14th May 2019, 15:03

There may well be historical precedent, but this was clearly just done for shock value (at the expense of logic) and to give Jon a hero moment. I guess they needed to give him something to do, given that he is basically an extra in his own story at this point.

Just one instance of awful writing to add to the pile.

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 14th May 2019, 18:24

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 12:03

What logic is there in the midst of war?
rape, pillage, madness, chance, luck, survival, all happens, so why not this show.

I think they made a great job of this final battle. The punters seem happy about it, when looking at other websites.  

The one question still being asked by many......SPOILER:
whether Jamie and Cersei survived or not in the crypt? 

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 12:23

I'll admit, it is a little bit Anakin Skywalker as far as a transition to the dark side goes.

Also I would say, how come suddenly she and her dragon are so much better at avoiding super large arrows?

Losing one dragon to a large arrow... careless, losing two...

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 13:12

Well, it's all a bit like Christmas when you are a kid. The anticipation and build up are always going to mean the day itself can never live up to expectations.

It does feel like everything is being wrapped up too quickly after years of convoluted plots and characters.

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 13:25

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Also I would say, how come suddenly she and her dragon are so much better at avoiding super large arrows?"
 We seem to be far enough on now to have dropped the spoilers.

The ones on the city were all pointing outwards and at one stage they couldn't depress the aim enough for a sea level attack.
Old smiley chops Greyjoy got caught by the WW1 tactic of coming out of the sun.

BTW I don't think the initial collapse of the gate was due to fire alone as there was a huge **** off rock that I assumed it had in it's claws.

I don't think this will be the last we see of the GOT world. Just think of all the prequels and side stories they can cash in on...sorry develop.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 13:26

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 14:12

Quote:
Snaps says...
"I don't think this will be the last we see of the GOT world. Just think of all the prequels and side stories they can cash in on...sorry develop."

This is definitely happening. Don't know whether actual production has started but I bet they are already heavily into development.

Gareth Williams (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 14:37

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"This is definitely happening. Don't know whether actual production has started but I bet they are already heavily into development."

A pilot for a prequel series is currently in pre-production and will begin filming in the summer. If greenlit, production on further episodes would likely happen next year to air in late 2020 or more likely 2021.

Quote:
Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.

With the GOT showrunners no longer involved, maybe this will actually be good.

Mix Man (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 14:39

Absolute load of old tosh. So much character development and story arcs just thrown out of the window. There should have been another series, this one to show the battles with the dead and then another to show the battle of the living. Everything has been shoe-horned into these six episodes and it sucks.

In terms of the disappointment I feel, it's like Lost Mark II.

Go back to Television Forum threads, or All Forum threads