Page 4 of Breakaway super league...

Sports Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Saturday, 24th April 2021, 17:45

Get the popcorn back out!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56873448

Quote:
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says the 12 clubs that agreed to join a new European Super League have "binding contracts" and "cannot leave".


Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: Si Wooldridge

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Saturday, 24th April 2021, 18:37

The Hotel California of the football world.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 24th April 2021, 22:19

Quote:
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says the 12 clubs that agreed to join a new European Super League have "binding contracts" and "cannot leave".

Last man standing
A right Canute that Perez

Snaps



My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish




I am not young enough to know everything.

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 26th April 2021, 09:09

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56875981

Even MotD backing away from any sort of punishment bar a big fine...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Monday, 26th April 2021, 10:09

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Even MotD backing away from any sort of punishment bar a big fine..."

Not so much backing away but if you penalise the clubs in any kind of sporting context you don't get at the owners and the Prem would need a big enough majority which they won't get with out the six as I think it requires a 75% majority for major change.

Even though Kroenke junior has stated that any fine will be paid by KSE and not the club I'm not dumb enough to think it won't eventually be paid by Arsenal in some way in the future.

I do think it's masking what a completely corrupt waste of space FIFA, UEFA etc are as well.


Snaps



My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish




I am not young enough to know everything.

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 26th April 2021, 12:40

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Even though Kroenke junior has stated that any fine will be paid by KSE and not the club I'm not dumb enough to think it won't eventually be paid by Arsenal in some way in the future."

Which MotD clearly are as they didn't mention that aspect of it at all.

Personally I think we're too far gone to punish anyone, even though clubs have been punished over the years for going into administration or whatever it was that happened to Rangers.

Even FPP has proven completely toothless.  And I fully agree re FIFA and UEFA.

So there are rules for some but not others...


---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: [VIDEO] Breakaway super league...

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 28th April 2021, 07:10

The next thing to get mad about…

The Premier League wants to scrap the bidding for TV rights and just roll over the existing deals as they fear getting less money as broadcasters aren’t falling for their crap any more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56911973

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Go back to Sports Forum threads, or All Forum threads