Any coin collectors here?
last post by marksparks999
Deleting files on Windows 10
last post by Robee J Shepherd

Page 5 of Windows 7 RIP

PCs & Mobiles Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Windows 7 RIP

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 31st January 2020, 12:46

On the plus side, everything's back up and running, with all that drive swapping actually being an exercise in futility as nearly everything I wanted to keep was saved in the 'windows.old' folder. Still better safe than sorry. GTAV re-installed and nothing lost. Think it's a cleaner installation this time as well. Not as stuttery. 

The only issue is that damn key. I've found a way of extending the activation deadline, which apparently can be done a couple of times to a maximum of 120 days, so the pressure's off there. Been trying to find a copy of W7 cheap online with an unused key, but most of the ones I've seen are from sites that look ropey as hell. 

============================
Writer`s Release

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 7th February 2020, 08:49

Pete, I don't know how dodgy this is, but I saw it and thought of you anyway:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/windows-7-end-of-life-update-to-windows-10-at-9-95-now.557685/

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Saturday, 8th February 2020, 10:21

Cheers Rob. Looks like something to consider. Looking at the installation instructions it looks like you have to install W10 first, then enter the product key. That might be the first stumbling block as I still need a W7 key to validate this version before I can look at putting 10 on. Still, it's an avenue I didn't have before.

Actually, looking at off-site reviews it may indeed be a tad sketchy. Lots of imprecise positive reviews but a few descriptive negs.

============================
Writer`s Release

This item was edited on Saturday, 8th February 2020, 10:45

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 8th February 2020, 12:31

I have still got a win7 computer, and never put any automatic updates on it ever. I just do not like windows10. Any problems I just reinstate factory settings and wipe everything. I keep crucial info on a seperate disc.

I am actually considering buying a new desktop with winXP on it for my birthday. There is a guy on Ebay that builds cheap computers to your spec and it works out at around £120 complete with 17" monitor, ( I have a lot of programs that do not run on more modern windows even win7, so an XP computer would be handy).

Go back to PCs & Mobiles Forum threads, or All Forum threads