Top Gear really is back!
last post by sj
[VIDEO] Tokyo Vice
last post by admars

Page 4 of Twitter being Musked

General Forum

RE: Twitter being Musked

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Friday, 11th November 2022, 16:38

WHO CLD HVE PRADICTED THIS WOOD GO RONG????!!111...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63597087

Edited with better link.

This item was edited on Friday, 11th November 2022, 17:08

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Saturday, 12th November 2022, 22:27

Yup. Saw that about Eli Lilly. What's more staggering is that the price of Insulin is so gouged over there that a silly statement like that wiped 4% off the share price. Doesn't sound like much, but that equates to $16 billion

Kinda sickening in several ways, that

But under all this is the fact that Musk was more or less forced to buy Twitter after he initally pulled out after seeing how much of a clusterf**k it was under the surface, and now he's got full control it's just imploding.

As I'm mentioned before. Elon Musk is not a clever man, he just has enough money to surround himself with clever people and take the credit for their endeavours.

============================
Writer`s Release

Liked by: RJS

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th November 2022, 19:25

admars (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 17th November 2022, 23:04

the "interesting" things about these alternative social media sites is the nut jobs I don't see so much normally (maybe I've already blocked them, or they're policed by the big boys, or the algorithm doesn't link them to my normal "likes")

Minds seems to have some recent articles regurgitating old/making up new covid bollocks:

I was just reading a fascinating explanation that the covid test swabs put a chip up your nose, stopping you from thinking for yourself etc !?!??! the "science" was v head scratching cheesy Outer Limits.

also, that covid vaccine wasn't tested on animals, as it was killing the animals, so they stopped animal testing to just use on ppl ?!?!?

I didn't contribute to either discussion, seemed little point, and it was hurting my head :)

Tribel seems to have lots of crazy v right wing Americans posting all sorts, but that's calmed down now, it's just American Football

https://admars32.wordpress.com/
https://mobro.co/admars?mc=1

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 01:48

Quote:
@ZoeSchiffer

NEW: Twitter just alerted employees that effective immediately, all office buildings are temporarily closed and badge access is suspended. No details given as to why.
After just telling them if they aren't in the office he'll take that as their resignation.

The driver's turned off the engine and it's free wheeling down hill.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

This item was edited on Friday, 18th November 2022, 01:52

RJS (undefined) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 09:04

Engineering teams work hard to make systems stable and not need our intervention. You will be amazed how few people Twitter can run on, for a very long time... until something unexpected happens or anyone needs to change anything.

An example of this would be... "We need to save X% of our running costs, go turn things off", it runs fine as it is but the expertise to turn things off or scale them down safely...

Anway, quite enjoying watching Musk fail at this.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 14:19

Quote:
RJS says...
"Anway, quite enjoying watching Musk fail at this."

Says an engineer. 😁

I've got no plans to Twitquit but having an account on Mastodon gives me somewhere else to go rather than just shouting at the TV if, as is seeming increasingly likely, it goes down.
I think it's unlikely to die completely and something will remain or rise phoenix like from its ashes. Though I'm not entirely sure Musk will still own it by then.
The shame of it is what made me a regular will likely disappear which is the amount of Journos on there and the fact that you would regularly get the raw news that they edited and wrote up or broadcast later on.

Snaps

500ish

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 16:50

Quote:
Snaps says...
"I've got no plans to Twitquit "

It seems that 'Space Karen' has locked everyone out of the office so we may soon no longer have a choice. I may be forced to rarely post on Mastodon instead of rarely posting on twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307

Liked by: RJS

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 19:43

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"It seems that 'Space Karen' has locked everyone out of the office"

The extra to that is he had to phone one that he'd sacked to come and sort out that they were all locked out.
Couldn't make it up.

If there's not a movie or Netflix series on this down the line I'll be amazed.

Snaps

500ish

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th November 2022, 20:20

Quote:
Snaps says...
"The extra to that is he had to phone one that he'd sacked to come and sort out that they were all locked out.
Couldn't make it up."

I did see that, but apparently it was a "joke" that Musk jumped in on.

I'm sure the sacked employees/stiffed shareholders are finding it really hilarious.

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads