Who lay down with the lamb?
last post by admars
Quick reminder folks...
last post by Jitendar Canth

Page 2 of The Russia Report

General Forum

RE: The Russia Report

Viewtiful Mark (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 22nd July 2020, 17:04

I was laughing at an opinion piece on the Telegraph earlier, can't find it now, saying that yes Russia meddles but it is largely ineffective and has no impact on us.

Wow. The lack of basic awareness is simply stunning.

You only have to take a look at the world around you now. You only have to go on Twitter to see the rampant militant left has completely taken over discourse about a large number of subjects, so much so that it is filtering through to actual policy. World no longer making everyday sense? Feeling like down is up? 2+2 no longer equalling 4? That's because that's how you're supposed to feel, because their game is very much in progress and simmering nicely. Dunderhead in power in the US and UK? Check. Online discourse poisoned the young people and crawling upwards, leading to unjustified unrest on the streets? Check? Economy tanked completely by "pandemic" and a useless and ignorant government?

Oh very much yes.

Wonder what they have planned next?

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Wednesday, 22nd July 2020, 19:10

Quote:
Viewtiful Mark says...
"You only have to go on Twitter to see the rampant militant left has completely taken over discourse about a large number of subjects"

If you are on the left you will think the rampant right have done the same. This is what Russia does, they sow discord on both sides. They don't really care who is in power, as long as whoever is in power is divisive.

They don't care if Scotland leaves the UK or not, as long as whatever happens causes each side to become more extreme.

I don't think they are tanking the economies with a pandemic though, that is just nature all on its own. Also Russia is the fourth most infected country according to official stats.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: Snaps

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 23rd July 2020, 10:33

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"If you are on the left you will think the rampant right have done the same."

Sadly that's because those on the left believe anyone who doesn't agree with them is far right and evil, failing to understand it's the rejection of their politics that led to Trump, Brexit et al.

I see nothing to suggest they get that, which is why I believe that Trump will win again despite everything.  

And that's a shame...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Thanks from: Viewtiful Mark

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 23rd July 2020, 10:46

Whatever you opinion of the Beeb it's worth a listen to the latest Newscast podcast for the interview with Bill Browder re the Magnitsky act and the UK's position as the worlds financial laundry.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

Viewtiful Mark (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 23rd July 2020, 16:38

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Sadly that's because those on the left believe anyone who doesn't agree with them is far right and evil, failing to understand it's the rejection of their politics that led to Trump, Brexit et al.

I see nothing to suggest they get that, which is why I believe that Trump will win again despite everything.  

And that's a shame..."

You are completely right. I'm glad someone else can see this.

At least here, Keir Starmer is making good, bold decisions and trying to clear out the Mao-mentum bunch...

Before it's too late.

Because even if you don't see yourself ever voting Labour again, as many I've spoken to state, we at the very least need strong opposition. Tentatively, I think Keir may have a shot at that. Fingers crossed.

Liked by: Snaps

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 23rd July 2020, 19:51

Quote:
Viewtiful Mark says...
"You are completely right. I'm glad someone else can see this."

I've been saying it for years, I've been a lone voice here for the most part...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 24th July 2020, 08:57

There is definitely a loony left, but all this talk of how dangerous they are is ludicrous when the right are clearly in power with a huge majority, and they got there as a reaction to Corbyn who was clearly very far left.

It's like going on about how dangerous cancel culture is, when you have a huge audience of people who can hear what you say, and saying things doesn't change that.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Friday, 24th July 2020, 09:22

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"It's like going on about how dangerous cancel culture is, when you have a huge audience of people who can hear what you say, and saying things doesn't change that."

Tell that to Brian Leach.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 24th July 2020, 12:31

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Tell that to Brian Leach"

Missing the point completely. I'm pretty sure Brian Leach does not have a huge audience of people that hear what he says. Also... he got his job back so he wasn't cancelled. Also... these are isolated cases.

You can cherry pick examples and declare them as representative, but that doesn't mean they are anything more than individual examples which are not representative.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Viewtiful Mark (Elite) posted this on Friday, 24th July 2020, 16:59

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"There is definitely a loony left, but all this talk of how dangerous they are is ludicrous when the right are clearly in power with a huge majority, and they got there as a reaction to Corbyn who was clearly very far left.

It's like going on about how dangerous cancel culture is, when you have a huge audience of people who can hear what you say, and saying things doesn't change that."

My fear at the moment is who controls discourse, and when you peer down the rabbit hole it's very worrying. You can't deny that people have been getting de-platformed for years in Uni's and now it's happening on Twitter, YouTube etc. Channels getting taken down just because they aren't towing the line. The very idea of de-platforming people in Uni's is amazing to me. You don't like what they say, well turn up and engage in the discussion. Don't just shove your fingers in your ears. These are supposed to be the places where the brightest minds engage in debate for God's sake.

Personally I think the discussion about who controls the discussion ultimately is heading towards us, and I'm not sure if we're equipped to deal with it.

Like I've said before, I'd love it if I were proved wrong, and I'll be happy if you can all point and laugh at me gently rocking in the corner.

Liked by: Si Wooldridge

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads