[VIDEO] Star wars - the radio play??
last post by Robee J Shepherd
Robot quadruped
last post by Robee J Shepherd
Explosion in Beiruit
last post by Snaps
A few minutes of fun
last post by Snaps

Page 60 of Coronavirus, anyone starting to get worried?

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Coronavirus, anyone starting to get worried?

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Monday, 27th July 2020, 12:48

Quote:
Andy c says...
"Once the flu season kicks in then there will initially be no difference in being able to tell who has Covid and who has flu. Most of the symptoms are identical so extra flu innoculations are being offered this year just in case a spike does occur"

I've been eligible for free flu jab for last couple of years (thanks to new diagnosis of asthma) and it's very easy and quick. Hopefully others will now take up this opportunity - it's an absolute no-brainer - but it's quite likely there'll be a new push by the anti-vaxer nut-jobs...

Quote:
Andy c says...
"The paramedic who lost his sense of smell and taste after conrtacting it at the end of February is finally starting to get it back. It has taken this long. All very wierd, and he says it is still only just coming back incredibly slowly."

Even lots of previously healthy people reporting serious longer term probs with so called 'long covid'.

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Monday, 27th July 2020, 13:30

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"I've been eligible for free flu jab for last couple of years"

Due to being an old fart I've been eligible for some time. I've always refused, not for any nutty anti vax reasons, just don't like needles and couldn't see the need from a personal stand point.
Probably 90% of people who complain of Flu have nothing worse than a bad cold or man flu.

I'll probably reconsider and have one this winter once I've had a look at what it might cover, previous years I think they've had jabs available but for the wrong strain. I'd definitely be up for a Covid shot once one is available. Mr Gates is probably already well aware what I do, buy and had for breakfast three years ago if he's at all bothered to check so I doubt that will make much difference.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

This item was edited on Monday, 27th July 2020, 13:38

admars (Elite) posted this on Monday, 27th July 2020, 13:40

I've had flu twice, once when i was a student, then again a few years ago, not much fun having flu with 2 young children in the house, so I've paid to get a flu jab in my local Boots, each year since then, even though I hate needles.

Flu jab is usually available late Autumn, last time the pharmacist told me i left it a bit late really, waiting till winter, as I wasn't getting money's worth as I had potentially already gone through a few months when I could have got it, she said it's best to get it as soon as it's advertised.

https://admars32.wordpress.com/

https://mobro.co/admars?mc=1

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 27th July 2020, 13:45

Last time I had flu was just over 10 years ago. A couple of weeks in bed, and some of the freakiest fever dreams I ever had. It's definitely not a 'bad cold'. I lost about three stone in weight. Admittedly I've never bothered with the flu jab, but this year I'll have it for sure.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Monday, 27th July 2020, 14:49

Definitely worth having. My sister usually pays to have her whole family inoculated.

It really is just a tiny prick (...). They have a real conveyor system at my doctors, usually on a saturday. You aren't in there more than a couple of minutes.

It's had some bad publicity in the past with the Tamiflu debacle, but I trust medicine and science enough to appreciate the major benefits of not being wiped out by nature.

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 12:47

In retrospect the whole mask law has a bloody obvious reason.

In my local supermarket today, the aisles were practically teeming, double the number of shoppers from the previous week, social distancing a thing of the past, but all but two shoppers were wearing masks. This isn't a health thing, it's a 'making a profit' thing.

So beware if Covid has turned you into a hypochondriac OCD clean freak haphephobic. The last thing you want is to be collapsed in a supermarket aisle, hyperventilating into your face mask.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 14:07

I think it's probably a health and a profit thing, where profit right now means surviving.

It does make you feel more willing to squeeze past people, and when I say squeeze past I mean go through a gap you wouldn't normally think about a year ago.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 15:30

I'm massively relieved that people now have to wear masks (save for the odd #nevermasks c***) instead of just the 1 in 20 of us who used to bother down my local Aldi. Now they just need to be trained to wear shirts.

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 15:46

Nice bit o' Peter Hitchens parody bantz in Private Eye

(he replied to this on twitter: "‘Private Eye’ attempts to satirise me. Not terribly good." which makes the parody even stonger)

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 16:54

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"(he replied to this on twitter:"

...and Private Eye are posting it up as a recommended by type advert also on Twitter.
I think Hitchens would do well to drop it he's lost this one.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads