Page 91 of Brexit

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Brexit

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 7th August 2019, 13:19

Yep, we are truly p***ed off with the 'EU stance of non-negotiation and a fixed backstop' so we hope its time for them to say good bye to us come the latest deadline, as there is a stalemate situation and just let us have a hard brexit, as it seems it is now the only way we will get a brexit.

This way we get around our  pathetic blocking MP's, and the biased pro-EU speaker of the house, and Mays total negligence of 3 years,  that refused to give is a brexit, as we the majority democratically asked for.

sj (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 7th August 2019, 14:06

I guess it's easier to accept the dire consequences of a no deal Brexit when you're f***ing off back to Oz.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 7th August 2019, 19:32

Quote:
sj says...
"I guess it's easier to accept the dire consequences of a no deal Brexit when you're f***ing off back to Oz. "

That's not very charitable of you...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Wednesday, 7th August 2019, 22:20

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Friday, 9th August 2019, 18:11

So was the Prime Borister on a tour of a power station?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49300025

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 9th August 2019, 19:22

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"So was the Prime Borister on a tour of a power station?"

Using power cables as a zip wire?

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: bandicoot

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 9th August 2019, 20:04

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Using power cables as a zip wire?"

Worked for Tango & Cash

============================
Writer`s Release

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Saturday, 10th August 2019, 18:33

Not a new story, but a reminder why our electoral rules on advertising are not going to be good enough come the rumoured-to-be-imminent next election:
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/brexit-facebook-adverts-192164?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=onsite_share

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 11th August 2019, 10:24

Johnson seems in full campaign mode so it's either an election a week before we're supposed to leave or November.
Either we're out and he's screaming 'I done it'
We're not as parliament prevents crashing out without a majority 'Not my fault'
Or somehow there's an extension and again 'I did my best'

I'd suggest not changing the curtains in No 10 either way.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Monday, 12th August 2019, 18:37

Seems it was two power stations coming out simultaneously (gas fired station and a wind powered plant), and affecting the 50 Hz frequency in that area of the grid. Automatic protection relays for under frequency and under voltage cut the main breakers and blacked out a specific region, so the rest of the grid got back to its 50 Hz at correct voltage.

Usually there is spinning reserve available to take up the slack, (gas turbine generators on standby, wind turbines running, pumped dam storage available in a few minutes), but that failed to take up the loss in power in this case, so there will be an inquiry to find out why spinning reserve did not come into play in time.  

Grid Power is always a balancing act of source verses load, and usually they get it right, but the protection relays are there to protect the grid and its equipment, and did their job even though they cause a blackout situation.

Hospitals were mentioned to be in the blackout area, but they do have emergency generators for crucial areas and have battery power through gravity drop relays for operating theater lighting, been there, done that, installed that.

As for electric trains, well it was a case of get out and walk the tracks (under train staff supervision of course) 

This item was edited on Monday, 12th August 2019, 18:42

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads