Page 47 of Brexit

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Brexit

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 02:00

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"He was on Remainiacs podcast"

For whatever reason my app (Podcast Addict) doesn't bring this up on a search. Is it only on certain platforms.

Back on subject.
Farage has been scooting round Europe and has managed to get his right wing friends to agree to block any request for an extension to article 50.
If true this means revoking it and staying in or crashing out on the 29th are the only alternatives to the witches brew that the witch has agreed to.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

This item was edited on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 02:43

Liked by: alfie noakes

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 08:53

Meanwhile May is going to try for a third time to get her deal through?

If that's the best plan she has, then wow.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 09:46

Quote:
Snaps says...
"For whatever reason my app (Podcast Addict) doesn't bring this up on a search. Is it only on certain platforms."

I use Acast which seems to be the defacto podcast app theses days.

I also listen to Cakewatch (@guitarmoog and @ottocrat) they know their stuff but a bit rambly and occasionally The New European podcast but Remainiacs is the big boi (and probably the most entertaining).

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Farage has been scooting round Europe and has managed to get his right wing friends to agree to block any request for an extension to article 50.
If true this means revoking it and staying in or crashing out on the 29th are the only alternatives to the witches brew that the witch has agreed to."

Pretty unbelievable isn't it? Andy Wigmore visiting far right in Italy trying to do the same thing.

Actually, EU may not even grant a short extension if it doesn't include a serious resolution anyway. They want shot of us now. Long extension or revoke A50 may be all they accept.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Meanwhile May is going to try for a third time to get her deal through?

If that's the best plan she has, then wow."
Still threatening the right-wingers with "my deal" or no brexit. If you don't get the result you want, keep going until you do. Where have I heard that before?

When the vote to reject no deal brexit passed many ERGers said it didn't matter because IT'S ONLY ADVISORY *punches hole through brick wall*

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 11:46

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"many ERGers said it didn't matter because IT'S ONLY ADVISORY "

Cool, let's cancel brexit completely because the referendum was also only advisory.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: JamesW

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 13:05

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Cool, let's cancel brexit completely because the referendum was also only advisory."

Had it not been there were sufficient breaches of electoral law to have it declared invalid.

Snaps

500ish

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 16:48

What is it that David Allen Green says

"Any referendum can be either democratic or irreversible, but not both."

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 17:18

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"Pretty unbelievable isn't it? Andy Wigmore visiting far right in Italy trying to do the same thing."

Not really, I'd stop listening to Carole Cadwallr as her work has had to have far too many retractions made on it.  Guido has a reasonable explanation on why he was in Italy, I don't care if it's true or not as I'm quite relaxed seeing as every man and his dog was able to speak to the EU negotiating team to try and stop Brexit.

Especially when the EU have said they won't accept any A50 extension unless there's a General Election or a second referendum - neither of which is likely.  Even though there is an amendment on the both, Labour have already said they won't whip on the second referendum and even the People's Vote group aren't putting their weight behind it today (similar to last time, their excuse is this isn't the right time).

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"When the vote to reject no deal brexit passed many ERGers said it didn't matter because IT'S ONLY ADVISORY"

To be fair, they just using exactly the same terminology that's been thrown at them for two years so you can't expect an advisory referendum that the government of the day said would definitely be implemented regardless of the decision to be overturned and then expect an explicitly advisory motion to be accepted by those same people.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 17:20

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Had it not been there were sufficient breaches of electoral law to have it declared invalid."

I'm pretty sure Priti Patel, amongst others, provided evidence of breaches by the various co-ordinate Remain group to the Electoral Commission to be investigated but they refused to even consider it.

So no...

And hot off the press: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/mps-reject-second-referendum-brexit-amendment/

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

This item was edited on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 17:24

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 19:43

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"I'm pretty sure Priti Patel, amongst others, provided evidence of breaches by the various co-ordinate Remain group to the Electoral Commission to be investigated but they refused to even consider it.

So no..."

So yes

Guardian article

The fact the second ref vote didn't go through is because even the bulk of those wanting it didn't vote for it.
Parliamentary tactics. Which I don't think even a lot of them understand.

Snaps

500ish

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 14th March 2019, 22:03

Quote:
Snaps says...
"The fact the second ref vote didn't go through is because even the bulk of those wanting it didn't vote for it.
Parliamentary tactics. Which I don't think even a lot of them understand."

You may well be right.  I know those outside Parliament won't forget they didn't vote for something they've been pushing but on the other hand they all voted to invoke Article 50 and have been fighting against it ever since...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads