last post by Si Wooldridge
Blu-rays under £5 at Base
last post by Robee J Shepherd

Page 35 of Brexit

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Brexit

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 11th January 2019, 08:59

Also...

Replacing one group of politicians with another group of politicians and expecting things to be better...

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 11th January 2019, 16:49

Quote:
bandicoot says...
"One thing is for sure, if this leads to a second reforendum or a general election, then it will be even more a mess. Interesting days ahead."

A second GE would be more interesting, as even if the Tories get a NOM result, they'll have no-one to form a coalition with. The Lib Dems won't have the number to make a majority, the DUP got stung last time, so they're out, and that's pretty much it. It's just a shame Labour have still got captain charisma in charge otherwise they'd walk it.

However, if the Tories do by some miracle lose, then a second referendum becomes even more likely, and pretty much every current opinion poll has it going the other way, and by a larger margin,

Interesting times indeed.

============================
Writer`s Release

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Friday, 11th January 2019, 20:18

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"However, if the Tories do by some miracle lose, then a second referendum becomes even more likely"

Unless the NEC make it policy to have another referendum, I can't see Corbyn doing anything other than proclaiming he can make a deal so wonderful with the EU that it would make May's deal look like the worst thing ever...

...and then end up with a deal which is also the worst thing ever.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Thanks from: sj

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 12th January 2019, 03:10

Another little ditty from Mitch Benn
Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 12:12

Well its D day for May and the rest of us. Just a few hours to the great defeat. Might even go above 200 and would be the worst defeat in UK history. I have no sympathy for May as her team (who keep departing) have delayed sorting all this out sooner.

That then leaves us with chaos, unless plan B, is just lets get the hell out of the EU as a no deal Brexit. Period.

To come up with a second referendum via tories or labour would be a mockery of democracy where the peoples wishes would not be achieved. Why give us a vote at all? A mock democracy.

This is beginning to look like the SNP's once in a generation independance referendum where they lost, and Scotlands people decided to stay with the UK, and now the SNP wanting another neverendum, again and again, till they think they can get what they want. This Brexit is going the same way.

As I have said many times, Brexit was never ever in the minds of the elite/politicians/Cameron going to happen, and to their amazement (and ours as well) it actually did.

"We the majority wanted out, that was the peoples choice ".
So they are still trying to figure out a legal way to shoot down the peoples voice, and get back in bed with the EU. We wait and see,  

Mind you we always knew it was never going to be made easy to depart from the EU, as there is many people in Greece wanting (Grexit) and France (Frexit), Itally (Itexit) and even been mentioned now that some in Germany want (Dexit), all waiting in a domino effect to finish the EU.

If we go, that could happen. So its high stakes and high noon.

sj (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 12:30

I find the whole 'it makes a mockery of democracy' thing ridiculous to be honest.
I don't believe people had a clue what they were actually voting on and less of a clue just how complicated it would be.
And sorry Bandi but even more so to anyone who just says get out with a no-deal. That would be an absolute disaster for pretty much everyone.
It's like someone saying drive the bus straight down here. So you do. At some point you say 'We're driving towards a cliff here, should we change course?' and you're told 'No, we made a decision and we need to stick to it - no matter what we now know now. We asked the people on the bus once so respect that decision..' Stupid.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Liked by: JamesW
Thanks from: JamesW

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 13:03

The thing about democracy and a second referendum...

...isn't giving people another vote also democracy? The main reason to be against this is because you are worried some people have changed their mind.

Circumstances have definitely changed, I don't think a second one is undemocratic. Same people get to vote again don't they?

Likewise, as much as I'd be scared of the result, if the Scottish had another referendum about independance if we do crash out of the EU because circumstances have changed, I would see that as democracy too.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: JamesW
Thanks from: JamesW

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 14:43

The failure was in the original question.
Those supposedly in the know should not have offered a choice which was unachievable.
It was only worded that way because Cameron never expected to lose.

I follow this stuff fairly closely and I know way more about it now than two and a half years ago as I've listened to explanations and reasoning that was practically non existent before the referendum.Quote:
bandicoot says...
"To come up with a second referendum via tories or labour would be a mockery of democracy where the peoples wishes would not be achieved. Why give us a vote at all? A mock democracy."

Only considered a mockery by leavers as they expect the decision to be reversed and they would not be sitting on their hands going 'Oh well we lost' if the vote had gone the other way.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Same people get to vote again don't they?"

Actually no.
A lot of the older generation leave voters have popped their clogs since the referendum and a whole lot of Yoof, who will probably be majority remain, will now be eligible to vote. 

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

This item was edited on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 14:46

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 14:50

A whole lot of remainers fed up with the incompetence, bluster, and ego on both sides of the channel will have switched to leave, and a whole lot of leavers deciding that the cost is just too high will have switched to remain, and maybe 33% of the electorate will decide to get up off their arses this time, and 33% of those who voted last time will be so jaded by the whole thing, they might not vote a second time...

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2019, 15:31

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Actually no.
A lot of the older generation leave voters have popped their clogs since the referendum and a whole lot of Yoof, who will probably be majority remain, will now be eligible to vote. "

That's complete rubbish actually as a number of prominent older Remain voters have died, but still...that's a rather pathetic clutching at straws reason to have another vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_MPs_who_died_in_the_2010s#2018

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/lords/deceased-lords/

How many of these do you think voted Leave?

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads