Page 151 of Brexit

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Brexit

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 15:04

Its just teething troubles, as Brexit has only started.

As for the lobster guy, sounds fishy to me, likely a year under covid lockdown has curtailed his income a lot, just like everyone else, and Brexit was the last straw.

Disliked by: sj

sj (Elite) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 15:36

I think what it really is is that the deal was negotiated so quickly and late (really should have stood back and said with the pandemic and everything else in the world, let's pause and get that resolved..) that for most, the 'deal' was little better than a no deal Brexit, and for many a damn sight worse.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Disliked by: bandicoot

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 17:20

Quote:
bandicoot says...
"Its just teething troubles, as Brexit has only started."

Five years they've had to negotiate round this and they ended up throwing it together in a couple of weeks and by their own admission not even reading what they'd signed up to.

So I'm sorry.
Teething troubles?
Bollocks.
All that's happening is what 'Project fear' said would happen.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 17:26

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"I've looked at the contract, it's entirely down to how you might define AstraZeneca as making their best efforts. If they are prioritising countries outside of the EU, then you could argue they are not.

I'm not saying they are, merely that this dispute seems to hinge on the shipping of vaccines from inside the EU to the UK, and I think you could argue this is not in the spirit of the contract."

So, just after a week on, what say you now?

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 19:05

Quote:
Snaps says....Five years they've had to negotiate round this and they ended up throwing it together in a couple of weeks and by their own admission not even reading what they'd signed up to.

Have you read this thread from the start? it has been a fight between Brexiters and Remainers the whole way for many years, and Brexiters only got it eventually by throwing out the whole of the EU loving MPs by having an election where the whole north of the country feeling betrayed got rid of them all, destroying the labour party in the process, and we also had to get rid of the EU loving speaker of the house who was supposed to be neutral but instead was throwing spanners in the works, preventing us even having a no deal Brexit.

So it was not 5 years of negotiation, it was 5 years of bickering and destroying our chances of a decent Brexit, So we now have what we have. If we all had abided by the 2016 referendum win of having a Brexit, instead of in house fighting, we would have got a better deal.

This item was edited on Monday, 8th February 2021, 19:06

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 8th February 2021, 20:50

Quote:
bandicoot says...
"So it was not 5 years of negotiation, it was 5 years of bickering and destroying our chances of a decent Brexit"

Not to mention all those MP's and celebrities meeting the likes of Verhofstadt and undermining the UK position...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 9th February 2021, 00:11

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Not to mention all those MP's and celebrities meeting the likes of Verhofstadt and undermining the UK position..."

What on earth is this? Scooby Doo? Boris would have got away with an amazing trade deal if it wasn't for those pesky kids?

The majority of UK media supports the Conservative party. The majority of the government are Conservative MPs. Brexiteer have been at the forefront of negotiating with the EU. But you know, it's all the Remoaner snowflakes that are causing all this.

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"So, just after a week on, what say you now?"

I don't understand the point of the question. Maybe I should go back to a post where you are happy with how the government is doing or Brexit is going and ask the same...

Quote:
bandicoot says...
"Its just teething troubles, as Brexit has only started"

Cool, I'm sure that is a lot of comfort to people who are losing their businesses because it turns out Albania don't quite want all the things they previously sold without friction to the EU.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 9th February 2021, 08:33

Right from the beginning, it was “Fudge the expats”, they never listened to the concerns of Brits abroad. I wonder how many Brexiteers care about this sort of thing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-55985956

Supermarkets selling British produce in Europe face closure after stock deliveries cease.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

sj (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 9th February 2021, 08:52

Teething troubles.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 9th February 2021, 08:58

This baby’s going to grow up into Shane McGowan, isn’t it? Teething troubles like that...

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Liked by: sj admars

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads