Page 134 of Brexit

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] Brexit

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 8th September 2020, 10:27

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"(I have to point out that I haven't voted Labour since Tony Blair's first term because otherwise Si runs in and assumes I am a Corbonyte)"

You Corbonyte...or something...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 8th September 2020, 12:33

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: alfie noakes

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 8th September 2020, 14:18

So the govt are going to break the international treaty that they not only negotiated, signed and agreed to, but pushed extremely hard for parliament to vote through - many MPs boasting that they hadn't even bothered reading it before voting for it. It was an 'oven ready deal' and they were going to 'get brexit done'.

Now, apparently it's no good and they are going to renege on it and break international law "but only certain bits" (it isn't possible to 'slightly' break the law).

This is unprecedented and trashes our reputation. We look seriously untrustworthy like some dodgy banana republic.

Looking forward to tomorrow's PMQs when Starmer should once again put Bozo through the rinser (if he's not too s*** scared to turn up).

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1303311625643008000

This item was edited on Tuesday, 8th September 2020, 14:19

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 12:14

So, has anyone broken the law today in a "specific and limited way"?

Today I parked on a pavement in London for 10 minutes, while I popped into a shop.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 12:37

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"So, has anyone broken the law today in a "specific and limited way"?

Today I parked on a pavement in London for 10 minutes, while I popped into a shop.
"

I think 'specific and limited' as defined would have involved blocking the door with your car until the goods were handed in through your window.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 12:47

From Laura Kuenssberg:

Quote:
Govt plans for breaching the Withdrawal Agreement getting an absolute roasting in the Lords, inc from former Tory leader, Michael Howard
So that's all going down really well then.

Early prediction: Bozo will not serve full term as PM. Either kicked out by party or step down 'due to continuing illness' or other excuse. Tory rumblings suggesting they are not happy with the continuing incompetent s***show and they've got form for giving unpopular leaders the heave-ho.

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 13:18

Forgot about this from Nancy Pelosi too:

Quote:
The Good Friday Agreement is the bedrock of peace in Northern Ireland. If the U.K. violates its international agreements & Brexit undermines the Good Friday accord, there will be absolutely no chance of a U.S.-U.K. trade agreement passing the Congress.

I will say that the potential US deal is worth so little to UK economy (compared to what we'll lose with EU) that is it really that big a deal anyway?

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 13:31

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"Early prediction: Bozo will not serve full term as PM. Either kicked out by party or step down 'due to continuing illness' or other excuse."

I would be tempted to bet against you there! Mainly because he has a history of kicking out anyone who sides against him, also never underestimate the queue of slimey little want-to-be ministers who will toe the party line in the hope that they may one day get a position in the government.

For evidence, see the huge long list of Tory MPs who voted against implimenting the recommendations from the Grenfell inquiry.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 13:59

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"I would be tempted to bet against you there! Mainly because he has a history of kicking out anyone who sides against him"

I might take that bet...

I'm really going by some of the political pundits who've been suggesting this. They're hearing back-bench rumblings that they are not happy with how bad the party are looking. And many are having to defend red-wall seats whose constituents are likely to turn on them quickly if (when) things get s*** (more s***).

Even supposedly strong leaders like Thatch got the push when she was losing popularity and it's not about having strong ministers around you, it's the back-benchers and 1922 committee types who get you ousted. You can't sack your back-benchers.

Gove and Sunak both want the top job (Cummings is actually Gove's man remember - he employed him originally, not Bozo) so he can't really count on them.

Honestly, the Tories are ruthless about ditching bad leaders and Johnson is getting pounded on PMQs and even recently in some Tory press. I even wonder if he wants the job - is he still quite ill? Didn't he really want the glory of the job without landing it just as a pandemic hit? I've heard stories that he's gone nuts at advisers when he gets wrong-footed on PMQs (like yesterday) and some other more 'personal life' rumours that I won't repeat here. Is he really enjoying life as PM?

There was that recent story that Cummings' father-in-law suggested that Johnson would step down early (just as likely to be another distraction piece, admittedly).

I'm not saying it'll happen that soon, and if there's an amazing turn-around in UK fortunes he may re-float his sinking ship. But there are definite rumblings...

sj (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th September 2020, 16:32

I find the level of arrogance on display astonishing and deeply, deeply damaging.
How can we seriously negotiate and agree something and then decide to unilaterally change the rules and totally acknowledge it breaks laws?
Hopefully there will be more embarrassing interviews with things 'defended' and then changed.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads