Page 67 of The Trump Presidency

General Forum

RE: The Trump Presidency

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 06:29

So is this, in your opinion, a valid source of fact checking?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/confusion-at-the-border/

I don't know if it is, all I know is that it follows my own views on this in that it is hard to know 100% what the truth is and that you follow your own confirmation biases.  We know that power corrupts, we know that because of the Stanford experiment and Abu Ghraib.

As an aside?

How long have those detention centres/camps been there?

Have long have the secret facebook groups been up and derogatory posts been put up?

Whilst he may well be a catalyst for a number of things, I highly doubt Trump is to blame for everything.

I apply the same principle to Jeremy Corbyn and the issue of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

This item was edited on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 06:38

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 08:27

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"I highly doubt Trump is to blame for everything."

Directly, probably not but he's created the atmosphere in which it thrives.

Pres. Harry S Truman had the sign on his desk 'The buck stops here'

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 09:44

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Whilst he may well be a catalyst for a number of things, I highly doubt Trump is to blame for everything. "

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"But you tacitly... defend his comments and actions."

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
No, that isn't what I do at all."

America has been a festering pile for years, but under Trump it's finally been allowed to bubble over, and when the president doesn't condemn white supremacist extremism that led to murder, encourages violence against minorities at his rallies ('Maybe you can shoot Mexicans in the panhandle'), and refers to Nazis as 'very fine people', it's infuriating because it's he's clearly exhibiting all the qualities of  psychotic dictator, and yet there are still those who espouse whataboutism at every opportunity, but then say they aren't defending him.

The detention centres have been there for years, but they have never been used in this way before, and no other sitting president has separated children from their parents to such a degree & the 'lost' the kids afterwards.

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Pres. Harry S Truman had the sign on his desk 'The buck stops here'"

Amen.

============================
Writer`s Release

Gareth Williams (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 12:25

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"refers to Nazis as 'very fine people'"

Not really true. He said:

Quote:
Donald Trump says...
"you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.....I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally."

He's said and done enough idiotic stuff that misquoting him really isn't necessary.

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 17:55

Quote:
Gareth Williams says...
"He's said and done enough idiotic stuff that misquoting him really isn't necessary."

And that's part of my point.

There's plenty to blame Trump for doing or saying without just making stuff up or linking him to things that have probably been going on since before his inauguration.

Pete seems to think I'm a racist Trump supporter but I'm sick of the constant whining about him.

You think he's a dick, Pete?  Me too, I just refuse to buy into the need to bang on about it all the time and also like to look at the other side and question if what is reported is accurate.

I realise I'm a lone wolf here, but I don't give a f***...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

This item was edited on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 17:56

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 21:18

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Pete seems to think I'm a racist Trump supporter but I'm sick of the constant whining about him."

This might be the wrong thread for you then! :)

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: mbilko

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 21:42

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"This might be the wrong thread for you then! :)"

Well, that depends on how you look at it.

I don't think you should shy away from debate if you think that something is not right.

I would be the same in a Clinton thread, whether Hillary or Bill.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

[VIDEO] RE: The Trump Presidency

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Sunday, 18th August 2019, 11:15

A serious sit down interview with Stephen Colbert, the guy who usually rips into Trump comedy-wise on The Late Show... Interesting insights into Trump...

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Sunday, 18th August 2019, 11:27

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Pete seems to think I'm a racist Trump supporter"

Absolutely not Si, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, but I just find it befuddling that you slip into whataboutism so quickly once Trump continually shows hs true colours over & over.

Quote:
Gareth Williams says...
"Not really true."

It was. Trump can't remember what he said at the start of a sentence once he gets to the end of it. At the start of the quote you quoted:

Quote:
Gareth Williams says...
"But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides"

There were only two sides in Charlottesville that day. neo-Nazi white supremacists & anti-fascists. Trying to backtrack by throwing in a caveat at the end just shows you weren't paying attention.

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"I don't think you should shy away from debate if you think that something is not right."

Amen

============================
Writer`s Release

This item was edited on Sunday, 18th August 2019, 11:28

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Sunday, 18th August 2019, 16:39

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"Absolutely not Si, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, but I just find it befuddling that you slip into whataboutism so quickly once Trump continually shows hs true colours over & over."

Because some of the very things that Trump is criticised for have also been done by his Democrat (and Republican) predecessors, but no one had a go at them at the time or willing to condemn them retrospectively.

Condemn them all and I'm just fine...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads