Are We Ready for the Holidays
last post by admars

Page 62 of The Trump Presidency

General Forum

RE: The Trump Presidency

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Saturday, 6th July 2019, 17:23

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Wasn't Clinton part of an active administration at this time?
"

Probably, but that just reinforces the point, that Clinton is a criminal and needs to be locked up, but when there's clear evidence that it's happening in the home camp, there's genuine tumbleweeds crossing the lobby of Fox News.

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
" I expect nothing less from any of them on either side."

There's no excusing them on this one, and it's nothing to do with the mythical ad hominem-inspired TDS either. There's nothing in recent memory that even comes close to the amount of sheer two-faced, hypocritical bullshit coming out of the GOP camp. There's no denying that if Obama had done or said even half the crap Trump is spewing ($4 million for an unwanted military parade while children in state-controlled concentration camps are being denied toothpaste & sanitary living conditions) then he would have been impeached months ago. Remember Obama's tan suit? Nothing about the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Trump's golf trips though.

============================
Writer`s Release

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 8th July 2019, 17:30

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"it's nothing to do with the mythical ad hominem"

It's not a mythical ad hominem.

It's a fact that for some people that they can't resist any opportunity to decry some celebrity or politician for every supposed or real slight.

I'm not a fan of any of the left leaning parties but I don't give them more than a second's thought unless the conversation is a political one that has context.

TDS is not like that at all, everyone feels the need to show their disdain for an elected official at a moment's notice - there's even a post in the Women's World Cup thread about it ffs...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 8th July 2019, 21:54

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"It's a fact that for some people that they can't resist any opportunity to decry some celebrity or politician for every supposed or real slight.
"

Obama's Birth certificate. His tan suit. The Pizzagate Lie, 'Lock her up'. Criticising politicians for anything & everything is nothing new, but attempting to label it as a 'derangement syndrome' on behalf of Trump is just an effort to nullify any genuine criticism the second it's made. Obama & Hillary stood up to and faced their critics. Trump just bleats his 'fake news' crap and ignores it while simultaneously insulting those who made the criticism, and his ardent supporters have got their own myopic delusion to fall back on to make them feel better about their life choices.

Writer`s Release

Liked by: pat-w

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 9th July 2019, 17:30

You could come with a similar list for Hilary, Obama, Bush Jr, Bill Clinton if you really wanted to.

US politics is so polarised that neither side can help themselves.

We can agree that Trump is a bit of an arse, but I'm sure we'll still disagree that spending a large number of waking moments moaning about it is a waste of time...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Wednesday, 10th July 2019, 11:13

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"We can agree that Trump is a bit of an arse, but I'm sure we'll still disagree that spending a large number of waking moments moaning about it is a waste of time..."

I guess you can also say moaning about people moaning is also a waste of time. ;)

To moan about things you can't control, usually comes out of caring about them. As I said (or should have if I didn't) on the brexit thread, this is probably far more about a cathartic release of frustration than anything else.

I would far rather see people moaning about anything they feel is wrong, than be silent. Because when people are silent, worse things happen. Just look at the anti-semetism in the Labour Party atm, fuelled for too long by people being quiet or dismissing things as not worth worrying about.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Liked by: mbilko

mbilko (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 10th July 2019, 11:32

I agree with a lot of that, but the anti semitism thing is one I struggle with, I am very very anti Israel, but I don't have any problem with jewish people or religion (well any more than I am against religion per say) so don't feel that criticising the jewish government is anti semitic.

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 10th July 2019, 11:50

That’s the problem right there. The whole Middle East issue requires surgical precision to navigate. You said “Jewish government” when it’s clear that you meant Israeli, but that will still be enough to get you thrown out and reinstated in Labour.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Wednesday, 10th July 2019, 11:57

Quote:
mbilko says...
"so don't feel that criticising the jewish government is anti semitic"

I agree, and I think nearly all Jewish people in the Labour Party who have experienced anti-semitism do not support the Israeli government and the way it treats the Palestinians.

What is happening in the party though is something more, it's very much like how arguments about immigration give some people an excuse to go full racist. If people don't turn around and go, "hold on a moment, that's racist isn't it?" then things get dark and ugly.

Margaret Hodge has openly clashed with Corbyn about his inability to deal with this, she was born Jewish and seems to have been pretty consistent in her criticism of Israel.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 10th July 2019, 17:50

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"I would far rather see people moaning about anything they feel is wrong, than be silent. "

I agree with some of what you've said, but I do think there comes a point where it tips into something else entirely.  That's just my view though.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"I guess you can also say moaning about people moaning is also a waste of time. ;)"

I agree with that as well, and try not to fall into that category but rather ask questions or put an opposing view.  It doesn't always work, frustration gets the better of all us all at some point.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Margaret Hodge has openly clashed with Corbyn about his inability to deal with this, she was born Jewish and seems to have been pretty consistent in her criticism of Israel."

It's becoming tribal within tribal as I've now seen Corbyn supporters openly criticise her for the child abuse allegations during her time as leader of Islington Council from 1982 to 1992, something you might also reasonably have expected Jeremy Corbyn to have been raising concerns about from his election in 1983 but that's just an adjunct to the point I'm making.

And the point is that some of these issues are ignored until it becomes convenient and its generally when on the defensive.

I'm sure there is much more to this current issue than meets the eye and the Panorama programme on this tonight may well shed more light on this and give an indication on how systemic AS is within the party - especially as there are indications ahead of the programme that people at the top of the party interfered in the process.  It's all just allegations at the moment though.

I agree that more could have been done, especially by Corbyn who cannot help himself and only issue bland statements about being opposed to ALL forms of racism, but then the Lib Dems also have their own AS problem that hasn't really been addressed.  The Conservatives have been accused of Islamophobia and that needs to be addressed, whether it's as big an issue as Labour's or not - my view is that party members can't complain about another party's issues if not addressing their own properly.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Saturday, 13th July 2019, 01:32

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=395162247787105

Writer`s Release

This item was edited on Saturday, 13th July 2019, 01:32

Liked by: admars
Thanks from: Jitendar Canth