Quick reminder folks...
last post by Jitendar Canth

Page 101 of The Trump Presidency

General Forum

RE: [VIDEO] The Trump Presidency

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 11:51

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"To think that a 'walkaway' campaign is a legitimate position is utterly laughable. There will definitely be bad actors behind it, whether it be Russia or whoever. It may look genuine and heartfelt but people are simply being manipulated into doing exactly what the GOP want: get people not to vote cos higher vote numbers always hurts Republicans"

Odd how it's always the Russians influencing the opposite to what you all believe.

It's like all that fuss over the Russia report, that suddenly no one was interested in when it shone a light on that report about the NHS being sold off that Corbyn had dropped into his hands.

I'm not denying (as it would be stupid) to deny that Russia isn't trying to influence things in the same way that the US has tried to influence things.  I'm just not convinced there is any meaningful influence that will sway huge numbers of people as opposed to the intolerance of those on the left in general.  I think the same thing about the conspiracy theories around Soros.

After all, Momentum and their ilk spent years telling everyone who didn't agree with them to 'f*** off and join the Tories', then are surprised when those people actually did - leading to an 80 seat majority.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

This item was edited on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 11:58

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 12:24

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Odd how it's always the Russians influencing the opposite to what you all believe"

Everything is not black and white, including our opinions. You seem to want to polarise every statement anyone makes?

The way you keep bringing up Momentum, as if any of us here are supporters of Momentum, is... confusing. I don't think any of us were exactly big supporters of Corbyn either, but you keep bringing up him too.

The point about Russian influence is it can make a difference when there are marginal swings. You can choose not believe it makes a significant influence and that Russia is really just doing this all for a little bit of harmless fun...

...but just as you accuse other people of always bringing it up because the Brexit vote didn't go their way, you equally completely dismiss it because the Brexit vote went your way.

In fact I'd say everything you run around accusing everyone else of, you are just as guilty yourself.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 13:24

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Odd how it's always the Russians influencing the opposite to what you all believe."

I only mentioned Russia because they had been brought up earlier in relation to this. But Russia are a genuine threat. They've murdered people on UK soil. What did we do about it?

They do and have manipulated campaigns, as highlighted in the Russia Report. Because of their lack of financial clout (smaller GDP than Italy which might surprise a few people), their only method of influence is as a disrupter. Create chaos and division in their enemies because they can't outspend us (as China can and is doing).

You probably didn't watch the 3 min video. But I'd really urge you to do so (and anyone reading this who hasn't seen it). Explains so much. It just shows how smart people with money and motivation can steal elections and shows exactly how they did that with their 'Do So' campaign in Trinidad. The campaign urged young people to turn their back on the election and withhold their vote. Sound familiar? It should worry everyone.

Edit:

Now Trump is calling for a delay in the vote! He's know's he's gonna lose and he's pulling the "it's all rigged" gambit.

This item was edited on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 13:30

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 13:36

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"I only mentioned Russia because they had been brought up earlier in relation to this. But Russia are a genuine threat. They've murdered people on UK soil. What did we do about it?"

That's a good question actually.

Same as China.

Who has the bottle to stand up properly against either.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 13:43

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"The way you keep bringing up Momentum, as if any of us here are supporters of Momentum, is... confusing. I don't think any of us were exactly big supporters of Corbyn either, but you keep bringing up him too."

He was the official opposition and the only real alternative to the Conservatives, so bringing him up is valid.

The message of Momentum (we're right, you're wrong) is extremely valid when you start talking about things like #WalkAway, so not sure why you're confused about that.

I agree that most things are not black and white, I've never argued (to my knowledge) anything different.  I keep that in mind with Boris Johnson and also the government response to Covid-19, I wouldn't wholeheartedly defend either.  I spent a number of years on Conservative Home stating that I really wasn't sure he'd make a good PM, I've even said so in the Brexit thread.  I've also spent the last few years here stating that I'm not a Trump fan but despair of the constant anti-Trump rhetoric.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"The point about Russian influence is it can make a difference when there are marginal swings. You can choose not believe it makes a significant influence and that Russia is really just doing this all for a little bit of harmless fun..."
I understand that and that there will be some people taken in by it, but I really have grave concerns that anyone believes it makes a massive difference.

Let's take the last general election, where were the marginal swings?  That's an 80 seat majority.

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"In fact I'd say everything you run around accusing everyone else of, you are just as guilty yourself."
I'm sure I'm guilty of this in places, but I'd argue not consistently.  Feel free to prove me wrong and I will eat humble pie...or just feel suitably chastened and apologise.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 16:39

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Feel free to prove me wrong and I will eat humble pie...or just feel suitably chastened and apologise."

I really don't want to spend any significant portions of my time digging back through threads showing your inconsistencies. I'd rather spend the time coding a new feature that let me mark you as ignored for a thread so I don't have to read your posts.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 18:02

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"I'd rather spend the time coding a new feature that let me mark you as ignored for a thread so I don't have to read your posts."

Your prerogative, Rob...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Thursday, 30th July 2020, 19:25

With regards to Portland - home of the Trump-appointed Gestapo. Friend of mine emigrated out there a decade or so ago. Did it to marry his gal, had a kid, marriage imploded. Got custody so still out there, and quite possibly the only person on this planet outside family who I would take a bullet for. My own personal Nietszche.

Anyway, he is the wisest person I know, a published author, and he's witnessing that crap first hand. he's said I can share this

Quote:
At this point, those of us who live here have seen the livestreams and read the stories, and many of us have direct accounts from friends and loved ones who have either witnessed police brutality against peaceful protestors in Portland or been direct victims of this brutality. This is a thing that's happening. Every night. It's not a conspiracy and it's not a political debate. Grow up and stop burying a real and terrifying reality with your childish talking points and easily-debunked garbage. We are embarrassed for you and exhausted by your inability to care about anybody except yourself. Just stop.

============================
Writer`s Release

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 4th August 2020, 07:44

Curious as to what people think of Trump's executive order to prevent outsourcing of federal jobs to foreign countries...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 4th August 2020, 11:04

By this point... it's like witnessing a car crash, and the guy next to you asking what you thought of the fuel economy...

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads