The Games...The Romance...The Spirit...Camelot is a state of mind.
Running Time: 147
Retail Price: £22.99
Release Date: 22/04/2013
Content Type: Movie
Made after the zombie classic Dawn of the Dead, George A. Romero’s Knightriders is both clearly the work of the same director (there are lots of familiar faces from his other films) and a marked change of tone. There’s still plenty of action, but it takes the form of jousting by people wearing full medieval armour... while riding motorbikes.
Ed Harris, soon to become a major star, is the leader of a troupe of travelling entertainers trying to live their lives according to the ideals of King Arthur - no easy feat in Reagan’s America, where the outside world and its financial realities constantly encroach on their dreams.
With a memorably eccentric cast of characters (including make-up effects genius Tom Savini in a major role, and a cameo from novelist Stephen King) and a complex, nuanced script, Knightriders is Romero’s warmest and most personal film to date.
- Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero
- The Genesis of a Legend: Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role
- A Date with Destiny: Co-star Tom Savini reflects on Knightriders
- Medieval Maiden: An interview with actress Patricia Tallman
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
1.85:1 Widescreen (1080/23.976p AVC)
LPCM 2.0 English
George A. Romero
George A. Romero