Page 1 of Any Car Techs?- Nissan Almera 1996 N Reg

General Forum

Any Car Techs?- Nissan Almera 1996 N Reg

hunsbury0 (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 8th May 2007, 21:26

Hi,
Is there any Car Technicians about who are familiar with Nissan Almera 1996 N Reg.
It is a 5 door Hatchback 1.4GX.
The problem is that the "Reostat" for the heater fan is faulty. The internal heater fan will only run at the maximum speed setting.(the other settings 1 & 2 are inoperative)
Does anyone know where is this Reostat is physically located? & how to replace it? as I might have to go to a scrap yard to find one of these. The car is too old to pat what the main dealers would want.
Thanks in advance

RE: Any Car Techs?- Nissan Almera 1996 N Reg

Superted (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 8th May 2007, 21:55

I`m not sure about the Nissan but they are normally within the fan assembly next to the windscreen wiper motor.

All the best

Gerald.

hunsbury0 (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 8th May 2007, 22:41

Thank you.
rgds
hunsbury0

Jimbo :oÞ (Elite Donator) posted this on Wednesday, 9th May 2007, 01:43

If you`re going to a scrappy, it`s probably easier to take the whole heater assembly than just one part (and if it`s running at full speed it sounds like the fan assembly is the bit you`ll need)

I think the rheostat is part of that but never worked on a nissan. Had similar problems with ford and you rip out the heater blower motor and change it and bobs the proverbial.

Speak to the guy in the scrappy, they will happily tell you what you want, where it`ll be and if you pay a bit extra will usually take it out for you.
Least they do up here ;)

Jimbo : oÞ

"Making Teenagers depressed is like shooting fish inna barrel"

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads