Julie & Julia
Based on Two True Stories
Running Time: 123 Mins
Retail Price: £22.99
Release Date: 08/03/2010
Content Type: Movie
Meryl Streep stars as culinary legend Julia Child whose cook book, Mastering the art of French Cooking, inspired fledging writer Julie Powell (Amy Adams) to whip up 524 recipes in 365 days. Based on the best selling books, Julie & Julia introduces a new generation to the magic of French cooking and proves that, with the right combination of passion and fearlessness, anything is possible. Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada) co-stars in director Nora Ephron's delicious comedy about joy, obsession and butter. Bon appétit!
- Commentary with writer/director Nora Ephron
- "Secret Ingredients: Creating Julie & Julia" - Go behind the scenes with Meryl Streep & Amy Adams to see how they became Julie & Julia.
- "Family & Friends Remember Julia Child" - Julia's closest family and friends tell us about the woman they knew and loved.
- "Julia's Kitchen" - Learn all about how the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History acquired Julia's kitchen and take a tour inside.
- "Cooking Lessons":
* Poaching Eggs with Julia Child & Jacques Pépin
* Making Hollandaise Sauce with Julia Child & Jacques Pépin
* Mark Peel Prepares Scrambled Eggs
* Suzanne Goin Prepares Braised Beef Shortribs
* Steven Lewandowski & Drew Nieporent Prepare Butter Poached Maine Lobster
- movieIQ - "Julia's Recipe Collector" - collect and email your favorite Juli a Child recipes while watching the film!
1080p Widescreen 1.85:1
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 French
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 German
Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio Descriptive
Mary Lynn Rajskub
Director of Photography:
Donald J. Lee Jr.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment